Mobile Hotspot is Not Working in Windows 10? How to Fix it?
Nowadays, all Windows devices come with Windows 10 operating system. Windows 10 has many features than other Windows previous versions. In Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot is already installed on it. It comes with OS. So, we don’t need to download and install other hotspot software. But sometimes Mobile Hotspot showing some error when we’re trying to start Mobile Hotspot on our Windows 10.
What is Mobile Hotspot?
Mobile Hotspot is an ad hoc wireless access point that is created by a dedicated hardware device or a smartphone feature that shares the cellular data (internet connection) to other devices. Simply, we can create wifi services through Mobile Hotspot. Windows 10 offers inbuilt mobile hotspot services to its users. We don’t need to download other software.
How to fix if your mobile hotspot is not turning on? Here is the solution
Why is your Windows 10 PC, Laptop cannot start Wi-Fi mobile hotspot and you see the message “We can’t setup mobile hotspot. Turn on Wi-Fi”. If you still see the message here is the solution. We hope in this method your problem gonna be solved. Follow the instructions:
- First, fix your device is properly connected to the internet and your internet is working properly.
- Check your Network Adapter is not disabled.
- Your Network Adapter is updated to the new version.
Fixing the problem
What is this means? “We can’t set up a mobile hotspot. Turn on Wi-Fi”.
Sometimes it shows because you’re connected to LAN. In these days in there is no internet there is nothing. We cannot live without the internet because of the internet is part of our life. We can’t accept that we can live without the internet. Everyone needs the internet every time. Everywhere is not available internet so we need to turn on cellular data and transmit it into the hotspot. While mobile hotspot is a very convenient option, it sometimes shows the configuration errors.
Hotspot is the only one technology that helps you to share your internet connection with other devices using the wifi.
If your device is properly connected to the internet and the internet is working properly but your Windows 10 pc, the laptop still shows the message “We can’t set up a mobile hotspot. Turn on Wi-Fi”. you need to follow these instructions and apply it to your device.
Run Network Adapter Troubleshooter
One most good feature in Window 10 is that it comes with the troubleshooters for all your issues, when you click on troubleshooter you’ll find what exactly is the error.
If you didn’t find the “Run the troubleshooter” follow the below instructions:
- Type Troubleshoot in the Search bar of your PC and open the Troubleshoot settings.
- Scroll down the right pane and select ‘Network Adapter’ and click on ‘Run Troubleshooter’.
- The PC will then start checking for the possible errors and will possibly detect the issue.
Update Network Driver
If you are regularly using Windows PC but you never care about your pc, never update your network driver. It also creates issues in the functionality. So, you need to regularly update your “Network Adapter Driver”. If you don’t know how to update “Network Adapter Driver” follow the instructions:
- Type Device Manager in the search box and open it.
- Go to the Network Adapters.
- Select your Network Adapter from the list and right click.
- Select Update driver
- Once done with the update, reboot your PC.
- Check if it resolves the issue of your mobile hotspot.
Change Adapter Settings
Sometimes you need to change “Adapter Setting” when you are doing troubleshoot Network Adapter.
- Open Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC.
- Press Win+I to open Settings and go to Network and Internet.
- Scroll down the left pane and select Mobile Hotspot.
- Go to ‘Related Settings’ from the right pane and click on Change adapter options.
- Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right click and go to Properties.
- Open Sharing tab and Uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”.
Troubleshoot Via Registry Editor
Type Regedit in the Start menu and open Registry Editor. Right-click and select Run as administrator. Now navigate to the following registry key:
Right-click on HostedNetworkSettings in the right pane and select Delete.
- How Does Network Firewall Work?
- What is Network Connecting Devices? Definitions | Uses
- How to View Saved Wi-Fi Password (Network Security Key) in Windows 10