Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x8024a105 – Fix
Hello guys, Microsoft Windows recently updated its new version of Windows 10. It’s the best version of Windows. But everything has a bad thing about it. In Windows 10 comes the error code 0x8024a105 is mostly showing. You need to fix it before your update Windows 10. Even you can’t fix the error code 0x8024a105 you’re not able to update it. So, let’s start how to fix it.
The Error Code 0x8024a105 is showing when you’re trying to go run update your Windows 10. I promise if you read this post completely you can fix the issue. When you run Windows Update, you will see the following message:
There were problems downloading some updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x8024a105).
You received this error message when you went on to download the KB4020102 update. Searching for 0x8024a105 as suggested there did not really help. Since Windows had suggested that you search for this error code. You expected to see a post by Microsoft explaining why this error occurred and what was the definitive solution; but unfortunately, You were left to the mercy of the Internet.
One thing you never know that is this error code is not listed in the Windows Updates error codes list. All I could find out that it is probably something related to the Automatic Updates client.
Error Code 0x8024a105
Well, if you receive this error when downloading Windows Update here are a few things you could try.
- I did click on the Retry button right away and even after some 15 minutes a few times, but it did not help me. What helped me was this! I simply decided to reboot my PC and used a different connection. Instead of my regular cabled Internet connection, I used my WiFi connection. That’s it! Windows 10 started downloading the updates.
Now if this helps you, great; else you may need to troubleshoot further. You may try these suggestions and see what works for you.
- Flush the SoftwareDistribution folder and see if that works for you.
- Reset the Catroot2 folder and try again.
- Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and then try to run Windows Update again. It will also reset Windows Update components.
- Automatically Reset Windows Update Agent to default and check.
- This post offers more suggestions if Windows Update will not download or fail to install.
- If you were using Windows Update to update your version of Windows to a newer version of Windows, try using it. ISO file and carry out a build to build upgrade.
As I mentioned, in my case, simply restarting the PC and changing the Internet connection helped me, and I was able to download & install the Windows Updates successfully.
If this method can’t work here is another method is available also, you must try it.
Stuck on the error 0x8024a105 screen during the Windows 10 update? Here are top 4 ways to fix the update error 0x8024a105 in Windows 10, applied to Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Samsung, and other brand PCs.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
This is the easiest way to fix the update error code 0x8024a105 is running the Windows Update with Troubleshooter, which could resolve a lot of Windows update related problems.
Click on this link troubleshooter for Windows 10 by Microsoft’s site
OR follow the link below:
Fix-it tools aren’t used in Windows 10. Instead, use a troubleshooter to help solve problems with your PC.
To find all of the troubleshooters, select Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.