Windows Update Error 80070103
First of all, you need to know the Windows Update Error 80070103 is comes when your device’s graphics driver needs an update. But the way with your device’s hardware is old and the updated software is new, then the problem will come. If you have been trying to resolve the Windows Update Error 80070103 but even you can’t able to solve the problem? Don’t worry our guide will walk you through the steps needed to clean up the Update problem (Windows Update Error 80070103) from your PC.
How did the problem comes?
The Windows Update Error 0x80070103 is displayed you only when you try to download updates for the hardware driver from either the Windows or Microsft Update websites. So, if you can do change the setting of your PC disable the Windows Update (Turn off the Windows Update).
You must follow these steps for solving Windows Update Error 80070103
The Error code 0x80070103 is generated when you’re trying to update your PCs driver software with the same hardware with latest updated software. The hardware which currently attached in your PC is not compatible with the new updated driver software. The Error code 0x80070103 can be caused by a few different conflicts when you try to update your hardware driver.
This code also can occur if you try to update your current driver with another version that is not appropriate for the driver which is currently installed. The error may also appear if you repeat an installation of a driver for the same type of hardware. So if you wish the error code 0x80070103 will never come again, you need to know which version of driver’s software the hardware is compatible. One thing gets driver updates from the manufacturer’s site. Always use WU as a reminder to check for new drivers for your hardware from the manufacturer’s site.
In Windows XP
If you’re using Windows XP OS you can solve the error code 0x80070103 with these steps:
- You can prevent the error by logging onto the Microsoft Update website.
- Then clicking on Custom when the Welcome screen appears after the updates are complete.
- When the navigation window
appearschoose Hardware and then Optional.
- When Select Optional Hardware Updates is displayed proceed to choose the graphics card update
- Then place a check mark next to the Don’t show this update again feature.
- Choose Review and Install Updatesand make sure the secondary graphics card update is absent and then choose Install Updates .
In Windows Vista/ Windows 7
If you’re using Windows 7 you can solve the Windows Update Error 0x80070103 with these steps:
- You need to click on Start on the main toolbar of the desktop and then choose All Programs.
- Navigate toWindows Update and then choose to Check for Updates to begin scanning for updates.
- When this process is finished choose Optional updates are available
- When the Select the updates you want to install area appears, right click on the update you are looking for and then choose to Hide update from the menu.
- Click on OKand then choose Install Updatesif you have other updates you want to install.
- If you do not have any further updates you can close the window to complete the process.
In Windows 10
In Windows 10 you can solve this problem with this software. Download Available to Completely Repair Error code 80070103.
Recommended: Download the Automatic Repair Utility to correct this and other PC performance issues. Download it from below:
Other Windows Error Code Solved Articles
- Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x8024a105 – Fix
- Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected – Fixed