Windows update error 80070103
Hi guys! You are here because you must have got a problem while updating windows i.e. “Error code 80070103 Windows Update ran into a problem” but nothing to worry about, you are in the right place to solve this error on your PC. Like you, I had run to the same problem before while updating my windows 8.1. I tried some of the steps suggested for troubleshooting windows update, but nothing helped. Today I’m going to show you the perfect way to solve this error in an Easy & fast way.
Windows Update Error Code 80070103
After some research in the Microsoft libraries, I found that this Windows Update error code 80070103 is displayed if you try to install a device driver that is already installed on your PC or if the driver you are trying to install, has a lower compatibility rating, than the one you have already installed on your Windows computer.
- At first, go to the search bar and type services.msc, You will get a result “services”, click on it
- A new tab will be open “Services (local). Find Background Intelligent Transfer Service. Double click it, You’ll get a tab again, just find service status below and click stop and click apply.
- Now find Windows Update below and double click it. Like the above step, find service status and click stop and apply it.
- Now go to my computer > C drive > Windows > and SoftwareDistribution. then, remove all content from DataStore and download folders.
- Now start services.msc again on the search bar and click services again. Then find Background Intelligent Transfer Service and Windows update and start the services that you have stopped before and applied it.
- Restart your PC, After a restart, you should use internet explorer for the next step.
- Type “catalog.update.microsoft.com” into the URL section and search & open it.
- You will see a text “This website wants to install the following add-on: ‘Microsoft Update Catalog’ from ‘Microsoft Corporation’. What’s the risk?” below the page. Click Install.
- A new page will open. Search “Windows 8 updates” Select important updates you want to download, then click on the add button.
- Click on Baskets below the search bar of the opened page at top right side and click download, browse to desktop and click continue.
- Updates will be downloaded successfully. Thanks
Related Fixed Other Articles
- Windows 7,8, 10 error code 0xc00000f – Fixed
- WiFi Connected but No Internet Access – Fixed
- Windows Update Error 80070103 – Fixed
- Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected – Fixed
- Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x8024a105 – Fix